Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Grand Wedding Adventure



I'm sitting here in my pj's, curled up on the couch with a sleeping baby in the other room and I can't get my mind off of the wonderful/crazy/hectic day that we've had.



My beautiful friend Lydia Nelson and her man Dallas Hadley were married for all time and eternity today in the Bountiful Temple. I was lucky enough to get invited! Even though I was late (thanks to my GPS taking me to Mattress Firm instead of the temple) I made it just in time to watch this wonderful event. Even thinking about it now, I can't help but tear up. Sitting there, watching them, seeing the happiness on their faces and the unconditional love, I was brought back to December of 2011 when Bryce and I were in their place, and I was married to the most amazing man who would bless me with a perfect daughter and make me happier than I've ever been!



Man...wedding make me so embarrassingly emotional.

There is something so special about the temple! I haven't been since before Savannah was born and it was such a blessing to just sit inside the sealing room. I felt God's presence as those two people were sealed, and I felt his love. It is an amazing place.

"When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families." Richard H. Winkel



Oh how true! It is a place of beauty and love! Being there, I felt so much I could barely contain it! I could stay in the temple forever, whispering quietly, and be happy.

I encourage all to make a greater effort to attend the temple! And if you are not LDS, to visit a temple! Just walk around, admire it's beauty. You can even go to an open house of a temple and see inside.







The reason that we build temples today is because it has been a commandment from back as far as Old Testament times. For example, the Lord told the Israelites to build a portable tabernacle that would be their temple while they traveled in the wilderness.

"After the rejection and deaths of Jesus's Apostles, there were no more temples on the earth for many centuries. When the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored in the early 1800's, the Lord again commanded His people to build temples."

Today there are 140 operating temples!

Anyway... after the wedding we went to a luncheon, and of course Savannah screeched through a good part of it. And I'm talking high pitched screams, of the like I've never heard before. Boy that girl is getting some attitude.

PS Thank you to Irene Lolofie, who generously agreed to watch my little munchkin so that I could go to the sealing. I think I had a harder time leaving her than she had of me leaving! It was nice being able to spend time with both Irene and Camille, two of Bryce's cousins. They are awesome girls and absolutely crack me up!

Well, speaking of family, it's time for me to spend time with mine!

Congratulations Lydia and Dallas! I hope you are so happy that it makes everyone else sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment